Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Over the Top: Rocky with Arm Wrestling.

Today I got a great deal at FYE, nearly 9 movies for only 20 bucks. But that is besides the point, the one I viewed today was a great choice to see, Over the Top, starring Sylvester Stallone. Without giving too much away, the title should say enough. Well, there is a major plot point involving Sly's character's kid, but I won't spoil that. All I will say is that is it very touching, kid goes from hating his dad into loving him in the course of the first act of the movie. The second and third acts (if you want to separate is that way) involve Lincoln Hawk (Sylvester Stallone) training for an arm wrestling tournament in order to gain enough money to buy a trucking company.

The movie is rather cheesy in its approach, but if you like any Stallone movie, you'll love this. From a non-Stallone approach, I give this 3 starts out of 5. From a Stallone approach, it gets a good 4.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment